Week 13 Part A: Online Advertising - Analysis of the Marketplace

    I only use Facebook for our current project so I personally do not see the ads all too often on their; however, I do use YouTube constantly to watch videos and they just recently added multiple ads to their platform. Usually when it comes to any ads what draws me in is whether or not it applies to anything I am currently focusing on. For example I remember looking into financial stability videos and seeing an ad that had to do with a course on how to start a business. I actually remember staying and watching the whole video although I did not take the classes they offered. I have noticed I generally do not get caught in to many ad videos unless they start with a "call to action" in improving one self either than that I do feel like all the ads are annoying and keep me from finishing the task or video I am on.
    Then there is traditional ads such as the ones you see on newspapers, magazines billboards, etc. I personally feel that social media ads are way more effective than any traditional ads. The main reason I feel this way is because if you use social media enough you are constantly being bombarded by ads that are catered to you by what you search online this is called targeted advertising. Traditional ads although we also see them a lot they are not specialized to any certain individual unlike the social media ads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 B: First Blog

Week 2 Part B: Brewery Business Research

Week 10: Email Marketing