Week 3 Part B: Developing Crafting Melodies brewery

 

    After our previous blog, I decided that I wanted my fictitious business to be a brewery. I decided on this business because I believe brewing different types of beers with different ingredients is an art form which takes practice to perfect. I have also gone to many different breweries, so you could say I know my competition well. I have not put too much thought into this business, so this is going to be a brainstorm of sorts.

     Let us begin with what will make my brewery different from others. I would love the focus of my brewery to not only be the amazingly crafted IPAs or stouts that we offer but music to be equally important as well. I want this brewery to showcase upcoming local artist that would like a platform to express or improve their talent. I know some breweries that currently use music as well; however, they use it more as an event that only happens on select days. I do not want the music to be sidelined to the crafted beer, instead I would make sure there would be a performance constantly or we would play local talents music over a speaker system. This brewery would also have to have an actual stage where the performers feel like they are performing opposed to an open mic.

    Next, I need a name and a logo for my fictitious business. Since I want the crafted beer to go hand in hand with the music being performed, my name would have to be something that showcases this. For that reason, the name I decided to go with is Crafting Melodies brewery, this rolls off the tongue making it easy to understand this is a location where you can buy crafted beers but also perform your melodies to your hearts content. The logo would have to be something original; however, since I have not put much thought into it, I do not want to get into too much detail.

    I want there to be focus on the atmosphere of the brewery and the color scheme because I would like people who are coming to be ready to stay here for long periods of time. This would allow the performer to finish their set and customers to feel comfortable while listening to each performance. I want to showcase live plants everywhere to play off the thought of there also being “live” music. I do not want customers to focus on color around the brewery too much, so I would use a neutral color scheme utilizing different shades of grey. The only touch of color would be the green in the plants or flowers they bloom.

    Lastly, there needs to be a way to advertise my business. This would be done mostly by word of mouth; however, I would also try to be heavily social media influenced. I would encourage customers to post a photo on Instagram or Snapchat and tag the company in it, since we would have accounts in both. The way I would encourage this is by offering one free beer every day to the account that posted the best photo for the day before. Apart from social media I would also like to get some printed tee shirts that I could hand out to the winner to continue to spread the word of the business. These are just a few ideas I have while thinking of how I would like my brewery to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 B: First Blog

Week 2 Part B: Brewery Business Research

Week 10: Email Marketing