Week 1 B: First Blog

Music who needs it?

I decided to go with this theme of a concert because I love music. I know, I know. Who doesn't like music? Well for most of my life I could not see a need for it. I chose not to listen to it all through out middle school even though all my friends loved it. It wasn't until high school that my best friend decided to sit me down and have me listen to music. By listen I mean we sat down music blasting all day, from the morning to the afternoon dissecting song after song for all it has to offer such as lyrics, melodies, and emotion. 

After that day I saw music a completely different way. It wasn't just something you listen to its something you can feel as well. I soon noticed that music could be used as a method to cope with losses or used in moments of excitement or happiness. It was possible to find a song that could connect you to an artist or musician through how you felt that day and how they felt the moment they wrote or composed the song.

I could have done some music notes or a boombox theme; however, I chose the dark concert theme because concerts are where you come together to share experiences with like minded people. My first concert showed me I wasn't the only one who felt that music was so much greater than just something you listen to. I saw how a room full of people could share a greater bond through music than by speaking to one another. And when you did speak to people, I noticed we all shared common experiences that brought us to the concerts we were going to.

Social Media: Personal vs Business

Personally I feel that social media websites such as Snapchat and TikTok are best for personal use. While Instagram and LinkdIn could be best used for business needs.

Snapchat and TikTok are social media sites that allow you to post short videos of yourself or others. Snapchat allows you to post small videos and send messages that will be deleted almost immediately or within the day. For that reason I believe Snapchat is better used for personal reasons rather than business needs. TikTok also allows you to post videos and although the videos can be kept on your page, they are watched for the entertainment aspect not so much for the advertisements.

On the other hand, Instagram is a social media website that allows you to keep photos up indefinitely or at least until you decide to delete it. A business could use it to advertise special events or show just how amazing and unique their business is compared to others. LinkdIn is another great social media site for business. LinkdIn can be used to connect with other businesses or hire employees that are qualified for the position you are looking to hire in.

Comments

  1. HI! I enjoyed your take on Snapchat and TikTok and look forward to learning more about them. It would also be fun to see show you showcase all genres of music. funny, I play the same song over and over when I first hear it if I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Engir! Your theme was really striking for your blog. You're right in that you could have chosen a background with some colorful music notes placed here and there, but I (as a reader) wouldn't have felt as immersed in your world. For your piece on social media, I thought it was interesting observation about how the masses use a certain platform. If everyone is using something for fun, I don't want to fight it and try to post about a serious business on there, for example.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 Part B: Brewery Business Research

Week 10: Email Marketing